Thanks to rapid advancements in technology and the need for enhanced security, a growing number of organizations are undergoing digital transformation. Interestingly, especially for a typically administration-heavy business unit like HR, paperless operations offer significant benefits.
Advantages of Paperless HR
While the prospect of adopting paperless HR might seem intimidating, the truth is that the advantages far outweigh the inconvenience of switching. In addition to being environmentally friendly, paperless HR offers:
- Lower costs: As the Society for Human Resource Management points out, you save considerably on the costs of paper administration. In addition, since you won’t need to store any hard copy files, you’ll save money on storage space.
- Increased efficiency and productivity: Digital administration is far more efficient to manage than paper administration — and that in turn leads to increased productivity.
- Better organization: Forbes reports that by eliminating paper files, you can organize your data far better, which makes it easier to access.
- Better compliance: Paper administration makes it challenging to keep up with constantly changing regulations. In contrast, if you use digital administration, you can quickly implement any changes across the board and update multiple files at the same time.
- Anywhere, anytime access: More and more organizations allow their employees to work remotely. By using a cloud-based administration application, you can ensure your people have access to the data they need — regardless of where they are.